Clear · 34°
The following information and services are provided through the Sheriff's Office:
- Reports for Accidents and Incidents that occur within Clinton County can be obtained at the Sheriff's Office. Incident Reports are $2.00 and Accident Reports are $4.00.
- An application must be completed and a drivers license provided to obtain your driving record. Driving Records can be obtained for a $8.50 charge.
- If you are planning on being out of town and wish for the Sheriff's Office to do vacation checks, please contact the Sheriff's Office prior to leaving. You will need to let personnel know your name, address, date leaving, date of return, emergency contact person, and any other pertinent information.
- Our office provides fingerprinting services for employment needs, adoption and purchase of gun suppressors. Fingerprinting services are available during business hours.
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID with current address required.
- If you live within Clinton County, there are no fees. If you live outside of Clinton County, there is a $10.00 charge.
- Average fingerprinting session takes between 10-15 minutes depending on wait time. To setup an appointment, contact the Record's Division.
Due to the type of fingerprint machine used to process your fingerprints, do NOT fill out the fingerprint cards before your appointment.
- To find out if an individual is on the sex offender registry, visit the Iowa Sex Offender website Please note that not all sex offenders are listed on the website.
- Sex Offender Registry is by appointment only.
- If you are on the sex offender registry and live or work in Clinton County, you must come into the office and speak with the records division to make changes within 5 business days. We will not accept changes via e-mail.