Partly Cloudy · 75°
The Admin Building is undergoing remodeling. The main entrance will be closed. Please enter through the North door for all business.

Military Service Records

Discharge papers (DD214'S) may be recorded for permanent records and certified to perfect claims.

In order to obtain a certified military record copy, the original document must be presented for recording. The DD214 must be recorded before the military exemption is applied toward property tax reduction.

A copy of the military records may be obtained by completing the Application for Certified Copy or Photocopy of Military Record and submitting to the Recorder's Office. This may be done in person or through the mail.  Please send a photocopy of your driver's license if mailing.

Military Record Application

The form is also available upon request in the Recorder's Office.

You will need your recorded DD214 when applying for your Iowa Permit to carry concealed weapons at the Clinton County Sheriff's Office.

Administration Building

1900 N. 3rd St.
Clinton, IA 52732
Driving Directions

Contact Information



Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Holiday Closures

Map & Directions