Sunny · 37°

Payment Plans

The Clinton County Attorney's Office offers payment plans to assist you in payment of past due court fines.

Participation in a payment plan with the County Attorney's Office may allow you to obtain your driver's license, register your vehicles, and/or renew your license plates tags. Court fines owed to the State of Iowa will stay on your record for 60+ years. Only past due court fines can be put on a County Attorney Payment Plan.

Driver's License Reinstatement


If your driver's license is suspended, we will check with the IADOT to see what is holding your license. If you owe any civil penalties to the IADOT, payments can be made online with a debit or credit card. You may also look at your driving record at the Iowa Department of Transportation website by entering your IA Driver's License number or IA ID number. If you meet the Driver's License Reinstatement Payment Plan requirements and sign a payment plan you will be able to make monthly payments on the fines suspending your driver's license and reinstate your driver's license before your fines are paid in full.

If your driver's license status is barred or revoked, and/or you have a pending charge for Driving While Barred, Revoked or Suspending, you may be eligible for a work permit. Contact the Iowa Department of Transportation to see if you are eligible for a work permit.

If any of the five issues below are affecting your driver's license, you can fill out a payment plan and start making payments while you work on resolving these issues.

  • Your license is suspended for non-payment of child support
  • Your license is suspended for out-of-state tickets
  • You have failed to complete a substance abuse evaluation (if required by the DOT)
  • You have failed to complete the Drinking and Driving Class (if required by the DOT)
  • You have failed to obtain an Ignition Interlock device (if required by the DOT)

If you have any DOT Civil and/or Small Claims judgments the County Attorney's Driver's License Reinstatement Payment Plan can only lift the suspension(s) for non-payment of fines suspending your Driver's License.

Registering/Renewing Your License Plate Tags

If you owe unpaid fines and need to renew your vehicle registration the State of Iowa will place a hold on your vehicle registration for unpaid fines. You can sign a payment plan with the Clinton County Attorney's Office, make a first payment and monthly payments thereafter, and be able to register your vehicle.

Payment Information

The County Attorney's Office does not accept payments. Payments can be made in person with the Clerk of Court, online at or by calling the Credit Card Call Center phone number at 515-348-4788. When making payments, please refer to your County Attorney payment plan for the case number(s) that you are making a payment on. 

To participate in a County Attorney Payment Plan, please contact the Clinton County Attorney's Office at 563-243-6213 ext. 4410 or 563-243-6218.


612 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, IA 52733
Driving Directions

Contact Information

563-243-0011 (Fax)


Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Available for Law Enforcement
Holiday Closures

Map & Directions