Assistant County Attorney
The Clinton County Attorney’s Office is seeking applicants for the position of full-time Assistant County Attorney. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the State of Iowa in all levels of criminal cases, juvenile delinquency, drug and mental health courts, and civil commitment cases;
- Assisting law enforcement with investigations and charging decisions, including outside of normal office hours;
- Representing Clinton County in county infraction cases and other civil matters;
- Representing state agencies, including the Iowa Department of Human Services.
Applicants must possess a license to practice law in the State of Iowa. The ideal candidate will have experience in the practice of law, including trial experience, and be able – if at all possible - to commence employment by the end of this year.
Salary range is $66,475 to $86,424 depending on qualifications and experience. A salary increase effective July 1, 2022, is anticipated. Benefits include health insurance, IPERS retirement benefits, vacation days and sick leave days.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis - with ongoing interviews to be conducted starting November 30, 2022- until the position is filled.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Department: County Attorney
- Salary Range: $66,475 to $86,424
- Posted: 11/16/22
- Expires: 12/28/22
All Job Listings