Recording Fees

All legal documents including fixture financing statements, trade names, and name changes filed in this office will be $7.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.  The dimensions cannot exceed 8 1/2 x 14 inches.

Deeds and contracts that convey land require an additional $5.00 fee for transfer on the Auditor's plat books for a parcel of contiguous land within a number section, platted block or subdivision separated only by a public street, alley, or highway.  The fee shall not exceed $50.00 for transfer of property in one document.

Mortgages that are released or assigned to one mortgage the recording fee is $7.00 for the first page.  Assignment of one contract is also $7.00 for the first page.  Notations on release or assignments that affect more than one mortgage or contract will be charged a $7.00 fee for each notation.

If you have any questions regarding these fees please call our office at (563) 244-0565.

Uniform Commercial Code Fees:

$5.00 per page + $1.00 record management fee + $1.00 e-commerce fee per transaction.


  • All documents must be legible and reproducible and original signatures must be typed or printed and signed by the individual below the signature.
  • Documents must be date, notarized and acknowledgment dated.
  • Complete legal description, including lot, block, addition and city, or section, township and range.
  • Affix corporate seal and use corporate acknowledgement when appropriate.

A minimum of 3" of space is required at the top of all documents.  Immediately below this space must be the typed name, address, and phone number of the individual who prepared the document.

In addition to the above, Deeds require the following:

  • Revenue tax affixed to represent the full sale price over $500.00.  If exempt from revenue tax, exemption must be so stated on the face of the document.
  • Any deed recorded after January 1, 1979 requires a Declaration of Value Statement.  This also applies to documents of conveyance; Contracts and assignments of contracts on Quit Claim Deeds. 
  • Effective July 1, 1987 each Declaration of Value submitted to the Recorder must also have a Groundwater hazard Statement submitted with it.  Groundwater Hazard Statements are exempt on all conveyances that are exempt of Declaration of Value except LEASES and PLATS.

IA SOS UCC Filing Info